Morrisville-Eaton Central School District Asks Residents:
Would you like to become a School Board member?
A member of the Board of Education is entrusted with one of the most important responsibilities that can be assigned to any citizen – that of helping to plan the education of the youth of the state.
A school board member in New York State, even though sitting on a local Board of Education, serves as a state official. He/she joins more than 5,000 other men and women in guiding a statewide school system which employs more than 250,000 people and serves more than three million children. Board members receive no pay for this service, yet they do earn the satisfaction that comes from rendering an indispensable public service. Morrisville-Eaton Central School
Board members serve three-year terms.
To qualify for membership on a school board, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, he or she must be a citizen of the United States, at least eighteen
- years or older, and not be a convicted felon or have been adjudged an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident of the district for at least one year prior to the election, but need not be a taxpayer.
- May be the only member of his or her family on the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
- Must not have been removed from a school district office within one year of the election.
- Must not be an employee of the district.
Petitions nominating candidates for the office of member of the Board of Education must be filed in the Office of the District Clerk between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., no later than April 17, 2017. The three-year Board of Education seats are currently held by Murry Ames and Steven Broedel whose terms expire on June 30, 2017. Petitions for board member can be obtained from the Office of the District Clerk on March 21st, 2017. The office of the District Clerk is located at the Middle/High School on Fearon Road in Morrisville. Phone: 684-9300.
For more information, please call the District Office at 684-9300. Interested candidates should apply by sending a letter of interest to Mr. Molloy, Superintendent, P.O. Box 990, Morrisville, NY 13408.
Substitute School Bus Drivers (Flexible hours and days of the week)
Substitute School Nurses ($20.00 per hour for RN, $16.00 per hour for LPN)
Substitute Custodial and Kitchen Helpers (Flexible hours/days with an option of a night shift for cleaners.)